Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Wrap Up

Can you believe it? Can you believe that 2009 is over? This year has gone by in a flash for me. If you had asked me January 1 2009 where do you think you will end up 365 days from now I would have not even come close to describing my life as it is today - I will discuss more of the details when I do my post on the 2009 wrap up (cliffhanger lol).

I wanted to take a moment to wrap up our Christmas and Aubrey's first REAL Christmas. Last year she was 4 months old and none of this stuff even mattered to her. I can't honestly say that any of it mattered to her this year but hey at least she was aware of it all - hahahaa. I loved this Christmas - for some reason I was in more of a Christmas spirit than I have ever been. Maybe it was I was experiencing it through the eyes of Aubrey, someone who was seeing it all for the first time. Maybe I have just learned to appreciate things more this year? Whatever the reason was I am not complaining it was a great Christmas.

| THE DECORATIONS |
This was the first time we decorated the outside of the house and I have already warned JoJo (husband) next year there will be climbing and a ladder involved!!!!

wreath
The Wreath - gotta love Target



window
The Windows - I used real garland




mantle
The Mantle




christmastreee
The Christmas Tree - we have used the same ornaments
and tree since we moved into our house 3 years ago.
I really do love it!



treeandgifts



treeandgifts2
I love a tree with gifts under it and every year I match
all my wrapping paper to my tree - hahaha!




| MEETING SANTA |

We were so excited to take her to see Santa. Everything was going great. . . she loved standing in line talking with the other kids. She loved all the decorations that were up and she seemed sort of interested in Santa. . . until she met him and then it all went down hill!


waitingforsanta3

Enjoying the wait and the decorations.


upthere2

Still happy. . . .



helpme

Not so happy anymore!



| THE GIFTS |
Of course the gifts we mostly handmade. This year I stepped it up a notch and created shuttefly books. I decided I would create one for my 3 oldest cousins (18, 15, 14). I used my photography plus some family pictures. I then searched the internet for some really great quotes and words of wisdom. This is what I came up with (completely inspired by Brit Girl):



Click here to view this photo book.


** photos were processed using Totally Rad Actions**
**photobook was created with products from designerdigitals.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment