Thursday, November 19, 2009

That Time Of Today

Yes it is that time of day, nap time! I so look forward to this time. Usually by now she is so ill she can't stand herself or much less me. With the help of some milk and Noggin we both get much needed relief!

Today has been extra hard for both of us. She has spent the last 2 days at Nana's getting to do what she wants to do and I have spent the last 2 days sleeping and trying to get over this "cold". Which means I have to deal with a spoiled 14month old while trying to get caught up on 2 days worth of stuff - can anyone say frustration?!?!

I a feeling a lot better today, my eye still hurts and it looks like I have gone about 2 rounds with Tyson - yeah I am that bad ass I could last 2 rounds *insert laugh here*. I also have a new idea of what mommy/wife life should look like. For the past 2 years I have been concentrated on 2 people and neither of them are me. I have let a lot of things about myself change some for the good some for the bad. I decided while lying in bed these past 2 days and after watching my new hero - Liz from the biggest loser, that I need to start getting some of me back. It is going to be a process because honestly I don't even remember what me looks like or what I want it to look like. So the first step is going back vegetarian.

Around 2000 I gave up meat for health reasons and it changed my life. I lost weight, I felt better, I was happier and I never ever ever got sick! Then when I got pregnant I was told that I was anemic and I wasn't getting enough iron, protein, vitamins. I tried to take supplements but it just made me sick and honestly I was craving Bojangles Fried Chicken. So I started eating meat with the thought of well once I have the baby I will just stop. 14 months later I have not stopped. I have lost the will power to stop. It is just easier to eat what she eats and what Joseph eats. As a result I have held on to about 25 pounds of baby weight and I am a walking cold. So NO MEAT! Today is day 2 and I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment